Four Core Services
- Housing Assistance
- Support Groups
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fee Based Services
- Community Living Services Program
- ADA Surveys
ACIL Board of Directors:
Bruce Perrone - Chairman & Executive Committee Member
Bruce has been an attorney for Legal Aid of West Virginia for many years. He has been an advocate for people with disabilities. Bruce also served on the WV Supreme Court of Appeals ADA Committee and has written articles which benefit people with disabilities when doing self-advocacy.
Oscar Faulkner - Vice Chairman & Programs Committee Member
Oscar has worked many years in disability related programs. He was a Skills Trainer for the VISIONS Program which serves people 55 and over who are blind or visually impaired. Oscar also has experience in tax preparation and has provided transportation to people with disabilities through a private business.
Mark Harris - Secretary & Operations Committee Member
Mark was employed for several years with Huntington National Bank. He is an accountant and has experience with a visual disability.
Janet Zerbe - Board Member & Programs Committee Member
Janet has worked for the WV Office of Health Facilities Licensing and Certification and has monitored and inspected long term care facilities and hospitals. Janet has also worked for many years with DHHR Division of Rehabilitation Services. She is familiar with the array of services that are available to people with many different types of disabilities.
Jeffrey Rodgers - Treasurer & Programs Committee Member
Jeffrey has experience in working with people with disabilities. He was employed with ACIL for 20 years. He likes to assist ACIL in fulfilling its mission to provide top notch services to persons with disabilities in its catchment area.
Randy Benear - Board Member & Operations Committee Member
Randy has been a quadriplegic for 37 years and has worked full time as a computer programmer for 28 years. He has been living independently since starting to work.
Marrisa Sanders - Board Member & Operations Committee Member
Marissa has worked at 3 different CIL's in Kansas City, Chicago and rural Minnesota. She also worked at the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center and the WV Commission for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. In 2015 she taught Advocacy for Peer Support Specialists at Bridge Valley Community & Technical College in Charleston, WV. She has served on the Board of Independence Now in Silver Springs, MD and as the Chair of the National Youth Leadership Network for youth with disabilities.
ACIL Board of Directors Expectations and Commitments:
1. To understand board member roles and responsibilities.
2. To attend and actively participate in ACIL board meetings.
3. To attend and actively participate in at least one board committee.
4. To be knowledgeable of ACIL and its Programs and Services.
5. To maintain communication and support the Executive Director.
6. To provide expertise and leadership to assure the fulfillment of ACIL's Mission and Vision.
7. To maintain current knowledge on the independence needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
8. To be an advocacte for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
9. To be familiar with the standards, indicators, best practices and regulations related to ACIL.
10. To attend and actively participate in ACIL activities.
11. To identify and connect ACIL with resources and funding.
12. To make an annual donation to ACIL.